Tuesday 7 September 2010

Return from China


I am back from China! I returned last week actually but have been so busy that I have just got round to posting....Apologies for not sending messages when I was away...Facebook and blogs are inaccessible in China.

The photo was taken in the Tibetan part of Yunnan, at a town called Zhongdian, or Shangrila as they have now renamed it. This was at a mushroom and yak cheese market...so tasty!

I visited a NGO called the Shangri-la handicraft womens centre, which was set up to encourage tourists to buy local as well as promoting indigenous crafts. The centre have also set up a small library and english centre to teach local Tibetan children english. If any of you have any english books that you no longer need, or teaching materials please send them in as I will organise a mail-out in the near future. Click here to see their site...

http://www.ymhfshangrila.com/index.html

Anyway good to be back and look forward to working with you all over the autumn months...

No comments: